What states are in West Malaysia?
The West Coast states (from north to south) are:
- Perlis — Malaysia’s smallest state.
- Kedah — the rice paddy (padi) state, also contains Langkawi island.
- Penang — popular resort island, with the charming capital George Town.
- Perak — once rich in tin.
- Selangor — Malaysia’s most populous and developed state.
Is Sabah East or West Malaysia?
East Malaysia, component of the 13-state federation of Malaysia in Southeast Asia. It consists of the states of Sabah and Sarawak on the northern part of the island of Borneo and is separated from mainland Peninsular, or West, Malaysia on the Malay Peninsula by some 400 miles (640 km) of the South China Sea.
What are the 14 states in Malaysia?
Is Kuala Lumpur a state or a city?
Kuala Lumpur is the capital and the largest city of Malaysia. Kuala Lumpur is one of the three Malaysian Federal Territories. It is an enclave within the state of Selangor, on the central west coast of Peninsular Malaysia. Within Malaysia, the city is commonly referred to as KL.